Travel Green: Explore the region´s sustainable travel experiences
Sustainability is vital for tourism in the Lyngenfjord region and at the core of all our actions. In this, Visit Lyngenfjord works for and with the local tourism companies to contribute to the local community: employment, conservation of nature, and local culture. Read more about the region´s work towards sustainable tourism here.
Now it´s your turn! By choosing accommodation, food, and services from the region´s sustainable certified companies, you make your stay more sustainable, leave a smaller footprint and support local companies.
Our tips and offerings to explore the area more sustainably:
- Eat local food, read more in our local food guide or check out our food & drink overview
- Choose accommodation with suppliers that have environmental certifications
- Book activities and guiding with a local company
- Explore the region using convenient hop-on-off busses and ferry line connections
- Shop locally, join events and support the local economy
- Follow the local codes of conduct e.g. fishing regulations, whale watching guidelines, mountain biking, hiking and camping
- Leave no trace behind while enjoying the nature
Below you can find all sustainable certificated tourism services from our region.