Whale safari in Skjervøy, with transfer from Olderdalen
We pick you up 08:10 (am) in Olderdalen (ferry dock), drive you to Skjervøy with a comfortable Arctic Route bus (toilets onboard), give you warm flotation suits, and take you on a once in lifetime whale watching experience by RIB-boat! We start the drive back around 13.30 with the panoramic drive - back in Olderdalen around 14.35 (2.25pm).
NB! Check the ferry schedule if you plan to take the ferry from Lyngseidet
What to bring:
- Dress warm (wool as a base layer is recommended)
- Wear warm shoes
- Snacks/lunch for the bus journey
- (07:20 - ferry from Lyngseidet - ONLY monday-friday)
- 08:10 - Pick up at Olderdalen
- 09:30 - arrival in Skjervøy, whale activity location
- 10:00-13:00 - Whale-watching activity
- 13:30 - departure from Skjervøy
- 14:35 - arrival back in Olderdalen
- (15:10 - ferry from Olderdalen)
Services on board the Arctic Route:
- English-speaking driver
- Comfortable seats
- Free wi-fi (password: 40002196)
- Charging points
Connections with the ferry across the Lyngenfjord:
ONLY MONDAY-FRIDAY dep 07.20 am from Lyngseidet, arrives ca 8:00 in Olderdalen
Return MONDAY-FRIDAY dep 15:10 (03:10 pm) from Olderdalen, arrives ca 15:50 in Lyngseidet
NO CORRESPONDING FERRIES ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAYS and 24.dec - 1.jan as the ferry run on holiday schedule.
In the event of cancelled ferry departures (bad weather, engine faults, etc.), Visit Lyngenfjord cannot be held financially responsible and do not offer any alternative transportation.