Hear the snow crackle under your feet as you hike into the arctic landscape enjoying views of the Lyngen Alps and the Lyngenfjord.
Around in the Lyngenfjord region you can enjoy many great opportunities for shorter and longer snowshoe hikes or walks close to the village centres in beautiful winter landscapes.
- Lyngstuva the northernmost point on the Lyngen peninsula
- Barheia in Svensby, great view of the Lyngen Alps and the Ullsfjord
- Skihytta, a popular hike from Lyngseidet, offers a great view of the Lyngenfjord
- Svartberget and Hengen in Skibotn, these hikes are very popular with the locals and can often be walked without snowshoes
- Dalberget, a bit of a longer hike up to the day cabin at Dalberget. Reaching the cabin at ca 450 m.a.s.l you can enjoy the best view of the Lyngen Alps and the Lyngenfjord
- Engnes in Skjervøy
- Kvennes an outdoor area north of Storslett with shelters and fireplaces
- Truiskufossen waterfall in Sørkjosen
- The shelter at Krokberget not far from Havnnes on the island Uløya
NB! If there has been a period of mild weather the paths can get icy and we recommend you to use good spikes.