Se alle bilder
Northern Light Dreams in the Lyngen Alps
Come and experience Arctic Norway. The destination Lyngen Alps offers you a perfect combination of unspoiled nature and comfortable accommodation. Discover the Northern Lights and participate in numerous exciting activities or simply enjoy the beautiful and peaceful surroundings on the northern tip of the Lyngen Peninsula.
Your base will be XLyngen – the traditional Norwegian “rorbu” houses, like you can find them along the coast of Norway. These houses are built on land but with the one end on poles in the water. So, you will never be far away from the sea.
We are two families who run this place and we will be with you during your stay, from the pick up at the airport or hotel, during the activities and in the restaurant. You will be part of our family and we will give you the attention you need to have an unforgettable holiday.
Accommodation & Food
The 5 cabins and 2 apartments are comfortable and well equipped. Here you can escape from daily routines and stress and find peace in the quietness of the arctic nature. Every cabin has a kitchen, living room, 3 bedroom and one bathroom. When you are travelling alone or as a couple, you will have your own house and you don’t need to share the bathroom with strangers.
In our restaurant, staying on poles in the fjord, we serve you breakfast, afternoon coffee with waffles and dinner. Our food consists of local ingrediency and local recipe prepared from us.
We ask you to make your lunch at the breakfast table, so that you can take that food with you as you wish to eat during daytime.
The restaurant is as well a place to relax, to read and sit together with your friends. Here we serve you as well our afternoon coffee and tea together with cakes and waffles.
Day 1: Arrival and NL workshop
Pick up and transfer from Tromsø, dinner. Northern light workshop.
Day 2: Snowshoeing and spa
Breakfast, Snowshoe hike to Lyngstuva, afternoon coffee, dinner, sauna/jazucci
Day 3: Dogsledding/Snowmobiling and Northern Light safari
Breakfast, Dogsledding or snowmobiling. Afternoon coffee, dinner, Northern light safari with snowshoes.
- Option 1: When you stay 4 days (Thursday – Sunday): Transfer back to Tromsø after breakfast.
- Option 2: When do you stay 5 days (Sunday – Thursday) you can participate in optional activities (see descriptions) or just relax and enjoy the arctic silence. Included packed lunch and dinner.
Sauna& Jazucci: You are welcome to use our sauna and the outdoor jazucci. After a long day outside it is the perfect way to relax and when you are lucky, you may see the northern lights while sitting in the warm jazucci.
During your stay you will participate in different activities. Most of these activities are guided by ourself. That gives us a lot of flexibility to design the activities for the needs of our guests.
- Northern light workshop: At arrival day we give you an instruction in how to take good pictures from the northern lights and where to go. The workshop takes about 1-2 hours and will be held inside and outside.
- Northern Lights Safari with snowshoes (in autumn without snowshoes). We hike to a marvelous place with a great view over the Lyngen Alps and the sea – no light pollution, which means that this is the perfect place to take pictures and to watch the Northern Lights. We provide hot drinks and headlamps. Duration 2 hours.
- Snowshoe tour to Lyngstuva: This is our most famous hike to the northernmost tip of the Lyngen peninsula – Lyngstuva. We will walk along the coast until we reach the firehouse with a spectacular view over the open sea and the surrounding islands. Here we will eat our packed lunch and get some hot drinks. Duration 4 hours.
- Dogsledding: Meet a local musher at his kennel and learn how to drive a sled dog team. You will get a personal experience with the dogs and can pet and play with them. You will drive a dogteam in the Lyngen Alps – often sharing a sledge with somebody. Since this activity don’t start from our camp, we need to drive to reach the dog kennel. About 4 - 5 hours.
- Snowmobiling: Before your tour starts the guide will provide you with warm clothes and information with regard to safety and how to operate the snowmobile. During the tour, you will stop at several viewpoints to take pictures of the arctic scenery. We will serve hot drinks and snacks during the trip. Duration 2 hours.
- Northern Lights Snowmobiling: We start at around 8pm to drive into the Lyngen Alps with a snowmobile until we reach a cozy wilderness cabin without any light pollutions. Here we will wait until we can see the Aurora dancing on the sky. We will be back at midnight. Duration ca. 4 hours.
- Cross-Country Skiing: Go with us on a cross-country ski tour in the Lyngen Alps. The tour takes about 4 hours included breaks in-between where we serve hot drinks and snacks. Included ski, ski shoe and poles.
- Ice fishing (from January to March – depending on the ice situation)): We will go by snowmobile to our wilderness cabin, where the sea is frozen. Here we will drill a hole and fish for cod or sea trout. During the fishing trip we will serve hot food and drinks. When you are lucky and you got some fish, we can serve you this fish for dinner. 3-4 hours
- Whale watching (from 1. November – 15. January): With a luxury, closed boat, we will go out to find orcas or humpback whales in the fjords. Duration 4 hours.
Activities: we reserve the right to modify the activity programme in case of bad weather or other unforeseen situations.
Arrival/Departure: Pick up at the hotel or airport in Tromsø with our minibus. The travel to XLyngen takes about 2 hours and include one ferry passage over the Ullsfjord. All transfers from/to Tromsø are included in the packages.
From 01. December – 31. March. Closed from 22. – 27.12.2020. New Year different prices.
- 5 days/4 nights (every Sunday – Thursday)
- 4 days/3 nights (every Thursday – Sunday)
Fra 13299 NOK
- Remote location in the Lyngen Alps
- Choose between 5 days/4 nights (every Sunday – Thursday) or 4 days/3 nights (every Thursday – Sunday)
- Northern lights workshop
- Northern lights tour with snowshoes
- Dogsledding OR Snowmobiling
- Spa bath with sauna and jacuzzi
- Optional other activities such as whale watching, cross country skiing, ice fishing or a visit to the local shrimp factory
24 hr Experience the arctic by spending a night in a Aurora Hut and enjoying a snowmobile safariBestill fra 5050 NOK
Northern Light Dreams in the Lyngen AlpsBestill fra 13299 NOK
34 hr Aurora Hut, Snowmobile safari and dog sledding experienceBestill fra 7277 NOK
2-day Snowmobile + Aurora Hut - North Experience
Nordlyseventyr- en langhelg i LyngsalpeneBestill fra 14355 kr
Northern Light Dreams Very Basic
Build: 19.09.2023 09:19:35, Host: cbonline01, DB: o3.cbguide-7864.cbischannel-26454.v1 online3data04.db.citybreak.com:8080, Controller: Package, Action: Index